Sunday 6 January 2013

Fighscorecollector's January 2013 Fight List

Back for another year covering the fights here in the UK and abroad, Fightscorecollector returns for its 2nd year after a very successful first year. Ive been on a few boxing pod casts, mentioned on the Steve Bunce Boxing show, asked to collect scores from established top writers such as Thomas Hauser. Ive also met so many of the top boxing fighters, reporters and fans. My site had over 18 thousand hits last year, For a growing site I didn't expect that although after a slow start I was aiming for 1 thousand a month .Last year I covered 41 fights, not bad?. I'm very sure I would have easily have broken 25 thousand views if I never had a stag doo, got married and missed a few fights due to excuse my French.. fecking computer problems eg: 3 hours of the Hatton fight scoring lost when computer crashed. OH and did I mention my daughter being born in May, saying that I had an excuse to get up and watch the fights Stateside.

This year I'm aiming higher, I will be attending more shows here in Scotland and I aim to get down to more bills down south starting with the Price vs Thompson fight in Liverpool on Feb 23. I will be posting more articles about my memories of old fights, my thoughts on the current scene AND of course providing the fans with the chance to see how the press and fans from all the best boxing websites scored the biggest fights throughout the year.

Now before I list the fights I'm covering in January, I want to thank all the writers who have taken time to give me some pointers but to also all the fans who post on the 12-13 forums where I collect my scores. Please please keep posting your scores. Thank you.

January has already started with a bad decision, Rances Barthelemy won a disputed 12 round decision over Afghan Usmanee on ESPN FNFs. Teddy Atlas scoring for the TV station had Usmanee winning 117-111, I had it closer 115-113 Usmanee although many scores posted to me on twitter had Usmanee winning 116-112.

The month of January is always a slow month for boxing and in 2013 it is no different as I will only be covering 2 fights. If James Degale gets an opponent listed for his fight on the 26th of the month then I will cover his fight too.

Below is the short list for January 2013 -


Fri 18th Jan - Boxnation - Frankie Gavin vs Jason Welborn - British Light Welter Title

Sat 19th Jan - HBO - Orlando Salido vs Miguel Angel Garcia - WBO Featherweight Title

1 comment:

  1. You have very unique niche in covering boxing. I believe, even big boxing and media sites refer to this blog to find out scores from different views.

    ReplyDelete